This department exclusively handles litigation matters relating to land or property. We act for landlords bringing claims against tenants and tenants claiming against landlords. As with our general litigation department we are experienced in bringing or defending cases brought before the Land or Leasehold Valuation Tribunals up to appeal.
- Residential and commercial possession proceedings including considerable experience in working direct with managing agents
- Commercial and residential service charge recovery
- Succession and abandonment claims
- Disrepair claims and counterclaims
- Dilapidations claims
- Commercial lease renewals under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- Leasehold enfranchisement and lease extensions
- Boundary, right of way, right to light and encroachment disputes
- Claims relating to water infrastructure charges
- Tree roots cases
- Housing Act 1985 and Environmental Protection Act 1990 Appeals against Landlord’s Repair Notices
- Appeals against improvement and other statutory notices.
- St Ermins v. Patel (Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 Part 1) (Ct of Appl)
- Gunby v. LB Camden (Surveyors as “owners” under Environmental Protection Notices) (Divisional Court)
- R v. LB Hackney ex parte Structadene (Sale by Council at less than full value) (Administrative Court).
- Bankway v. Dunsford (Assured Tenancies and Rent Increases) (Ct of Appl).
- Ermins v. Tingay (Lease Extension: Signature by Attorney) (High Court on Appeal)
- Long Acre v. Karet (Right of First Refusal – Definition of Building) (Chancery Division)
Have a question? Request a call back today
At Mackrell Turner Garrett, you can now ask an experienced advisor to call you back at a time that suits you. Simply fill in the form below, and we’ll endeavour to get back to you.
You’ll then have the option of attending a free 30 minute consultation, either on the telephone or at our central London office.