Head of Business Development and Marketing, London
Business Development and Marketing
Chris Lane is Head of Business Development and Marketing at Mackrell Turner Garrett and works closely with the Partners to promote the firm and help it continue to grow.
Chris started his career in the legal sector in 1995 as a clerk at a barristers chambers, but has been focused on practice management, business development and marketing since 2007.
He is a proud member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing and the Institute of Leadership Management. He is also awaiting membership of the Institute of Directors.
Chris’ experience to date includes working with barristers chambers to deliver a variety of business development and marketing services.
He has assisted with conducting market research, designing and implementing sector specific business plans and budgets, as well as consulting with the BBC, online broadcast entities and radio channels regarding promotional opportunities and event participation.
Chris is also responsible for co-ordinating and running client facing networking events and deals with client feedback, ensuring that the firm learns from its client’s opinions and recommendations.
He also assists with the firm’s successful social media and marketing activities, helping to guide the marketing team by creating forward-thinking campaigns.
Chris prides himself on using the following approach to help guide the firm:
- Approachability – We work to our clients schedule and timeframes.
- Fairness – We always justify our advice, terms, and rates to a point at which our client is satisfied.
- Trust – We receive positive referrals to new clients through word of mouth from existing clients.
- Belief in achieving a common goal – Our services are retained at an early stage during a client’s development or new strategy as consultants to prevent problems occurring rather than solving them after they arise.
- Transparency – Every relevant part of our service from introduction to completion is made available to our clients in a format that answers their questions.
- Enterprising – We takes steps to ask how often our promotions, training, and social media campaigns add value to existing and prospective client’s objectives.
- Proactivity – We notify and consult with clients to forewarn them of relevant changes in legislation to ensure they are protected and compliant.
- Solution based – Clients consider us to be problem solvers and not a necessary evil.
- Not just another law firm – Of course many a law firm will say or even advertise this but from the feedback acquired from our clients, many of which may well have instructed elsewhere before, we get it right.
- Durability – Ensuring the relationships with our clients last.