Kirsty Wright is an assistant solicitor in the firm’s dispute resolution practice and prior to training as a solicitor she spent a year editing legislation.
Kirsty acts for both businesses and individuals based in the United Kingdom and across Europe, Middle East and the British Virgin Islands on a range of commercial disputes.
She has experience in a range of domestic and multi-jurisdictional disputes through both the English High Court and Arbitration, recent cases include:
- Challenge to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales;
- Dispute in the Court of Appeal over the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982;
- Commodities dispute to the value of $50 million regarding payment of goods and international sanctions. Proceedings bought under London Court of International Arbitration Rules.
- Sustainable technology dispute to the value of $18 million regarding defective products and contractual warranty provisions. Proceedings bought International Chamber of Commerce Rules.
- Civil dispute concerning conspiracy and economic duress following a departure from a subject to contract agreement that was varied before it was executed.
Kirsty is also a keen equestrian and can be seen on the British Showjumping circuit with the Mackrell Turner Garrett logo.