Assistant Solicitor, Woking
Stephen Bottomley is an Assistant Solicitor in the Litigation Dispute Resolution department at Mackrell Turner Garrett’s Woking office.
He qualified in 2013, having trained with a mid-sized City firm and gained post qualification experience with two Legal 500 regional firms in the South East of England, and joined Mackrell Turner Garrett in 2016.
Stephen can provide advice on a variety of matters covering civil, commercial and property disputes. Stephen’s clients include a broad range of SMEs and individuals.
Recent examples of Stephen’s work include:
- Acting for a UK CFD (Contract for Difference) trading company in proceedings concerning a £110 million dishonest assistance claim
- Acting for a UK bank in a £15 million claim for damages for breach of contract and statutory duty
- Acting for a UK national bank on a large portfolio of high-profile claims regarding the purported mis-selling of interest rate hedging products (IRHPs) to SMEs
- Advising an international freight company in dispute with a customer in Europe for unpaid invoices, addressing issues of service out of jurisdiction and registering a judgment in a foreign jurisdiction
- Advising a chemical distributor in relation to inaccurate statements published by a competitor
- Acting for a London based travel agent in relation to the termination of a passenger sales agency agreement by an international commercial airline
- Acting for a national mortgage lender on repossession matters
- Acting for landlords seeking possession of residential properties under the Housing Act 1988
- Acting for tenants and landlords in respect of lease renewal proceedings
- Acting for an overseas owner of freehold residential premises in London to obtain possession of the premises