We understand the value that data has to our clients. The importance of understanding how to use this data without falling foul of the law is at times complicated and a matter that often requires specialist advice.
From advisory work in relation to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to devising digital strategies on how to properly exploit data, we support our clients so that they have a clear understanding of what is essential in this important area of law.
In addition, our integrated commercial team is also able to advise on data protection as an ancillary to other practices, such as Mergers & Acquisitions and Employment.
Our firm’s proficiency in this area extends to advising on:
- Data protection audit and GAP analysis in respect of compliance with the GDPR
- Privacy policies and cookie notices
- Data protection in the context of corporate transactions including asset and share sales and purchases
- The rights of individuals under data protection laws, including the exercise of subject access requests
- International transfers of data
- Lawful basis for processing data
- Data protection policies and key documentation including data breach plans
- Contracts between data controller and processors
- Data sharing agreements
- Support in the event of managing a data breach