Often termed ‘white collar crime’, the implications for individuals and companies alike can be extremely grave.
The changing landscape of corporate crime now demands that businesses take early, preventative measures in order to minimise risk and uncertainty.
At Mackrell Turner Garrett, our team can guide you through the complexities of regulatory and legal issues, helping you to take pre-emptive action by putting in place robust compliance measures throughout your business.
We are also here to provide practical support when things go wrong. Often, allegations will involve cross-border investigations and multiple jurisdictions, further adding to the complexity of dealing with such cases.
As founders of Mackrell International – a network of independent law firms worldwide – we are ideally placed to provide multi-jurisdictional support to businesses and individuals.
We can assist you and your business with:
- Commercial and civil fraud
- Investigations by the SFO, HMRC, NCA and FCA
- Legal representation following arrest and interviews under caution
- FCA compliance and enforcement
- Asset tracing, restraint, cash seizure and forfeiture proceedings
- Corporate “failure to prevent offences”
- Internal investigations, risk assessments and compliance programmes
- Dawn raids and crisis management
- Search and seizure
- Regulatory proceedings against all professional bodies
Our team of fraud and financial crime specialists are experienced in defending both individuals and businesses in matters involving regulatory enforcement and white collar crime.
Our recent cases include:
- Developing regulatory compliance programmes for corporate clients
- Achieving a nil order for a client facing confiscation proceedings of over £1million
- Acting for corporates in respect of high value cash seizure and subsequent forfeiture proceedings
- Acting for high-net worth individuals facing proceedings brought by HMRC
For more information on our fraud and financial crime legal services, please contact us.