Posted on Monday June 29, 2020
The UK is expected to experience a surge in litigation as a result of claims arising from the Covid-19 crisis, which is why London-based international law firm Mackrell.Solicitors has launched a new ‘bitesize’ webinar programme.
The firm’s expert litigators and solicitors have released a series of short videos online that cover key topics, such as property disputes, failed transactions, Injunctions and freezing orders.
These videos have been created to help businesses and advisers get a better appreciation of the potential for litigation in these areas and what steps they should be taking to prepare if they intend to launch a claim.
Each of the presentations have been led by in-house Barrister, Philip Jones, who discusses with the firm’s relevant experts each of these topics and the advice they can offer.
Nigel Rowley, Managing Partner and Joint-Head of Litigation at Mackrell.Solicitors, said he believes that it is essential that businesses can easily access the advice they need on litigation during these challenging times.
“Normally a client might come to our office to meet with us and discuss their concerns or join us for a seminar to get advice, but this just isn’t possible under the current conditions,” said Nigel.
“However, their need for expert legal advice hasn’t diminished at this time and if anything, it is likely to increase in the coming weeks, months and years, which is why we are utilising technology to support our clients, businesses and other professionals.”
Mackrell.Solicitors has held many webinars during the lockdown and has been impressed by the number of individuals wanting to participate in their events.
Nigel said: “To survive and thrive through this crisis businesses need to be able to quickly access advice and support, especially if they think that they may have a claim against another party. We would strongly recommend that businesses and individuals view our short, helpful and free videos if they are experiencing difficulties.”
Mackrell.Solicitors Bitesize Litigation series includes videos on:
- Disputed probate – Jeffery Cohen, Head of the Private Client team
- Lease and property conflict – Adam Kelman, Paralegal and member of the Property Disputes team
- Force majeure or frustration claims – Thomas Hulme, Solicitor and member of the Disputes and Litigation team
- Failed transactions – Maung Aye, Corporate and Commercial Partner
- Unpaid child/spousal maintenance – Alison Green, Partner and Head of Family and Relationship Team
- Injunctions and freezing orders – Thomas Spencer, Solicitor and member of the Disputes and Litigation team
- Data protection breaches – Sehaj Lamba, Solicitor and member of the Corporate and Commercial Department
To view these videos please click here.