Maung is a Partner in our Corporate and Commercial department. His expertise covers company and business acquisitions and disposals, MBOs and MBIs, joint ventures and corporate finance transactions. He frequently also advises on shareholder and partnership agreements, company reorganisations and general corporate governance issues.
On the commercial side, Maung also advises on aircraft financing and lease arrangements, IT distribution and reseller agreements and international data transfer issues.
Maung acts for clients from a diverse range of sectors, including fashion, technology, retail and travel. He also acts for a number of clients in the entertainment industry and has appeared on the BBC and Sky on a number of topical legal issues. He also regularly speaks at seminars and events on a wide range of corporate law issues.
Maung has a passion for helping clients achieve the best deals or agreements possible and works hard with all parties during negotiations to find innovative solutions and strategies to meet clients’ ambitions.
Maung read European Legal Studies at Lancaster University and the Università degli Studi di Trento and is a fluent Italian speaker.
- Solicitor, England and Wales
- Private Equity Wire – WestBridge Capital supports growth at Wilcomatic Wash Systems
- Rail Professional – WestBridge Capital supports growth at Wilcomatic Wash Systems
- Insider Media – Private equity firm acquires majority stake in car wash business
- Bdaily – Ella Di Rocco Medispa launches debut luxury wellness spa on Fulham Road
- Advising on the sale of a leading business advisory group dealing with R&D tax credits and capital allowances to a leading private equity fund.
- Acting as UK counsel to a US private equity firm in the share acquisition of a leading manufacturer of components for the microelectronic packaging industry.
- Acting as UK counsel to a US private equity firm in the share acquisition of leading global beauty company focused on developing, distributing and selling aromatherapy beauty products.
- Advising shareholders of a company offering market-leading cash allocation software solutions and technologies on a $25m investment by two leading private equity firms.
- Acting for a global travel group in the acquisition of a leading accommodation supplier to the European market.
- Advising on the sale of a majority shareholding in the UK’s leading supplier of vehicle and rail wash systems to an award-winning private equity house.