Will is a solicitor in the Sports & Entertainment Team at Mackrell.Solicitors, advising and representing. a wide range of athletes, agencies, entertainers and brands. He provides thorough advice on sports and entertainment law, including commercial, regulatory and intellectual property matters.
Will is passionate about sport and places an emphasis on understanding the areas in which his clients operate. As a result, Will is able to fully appreciate the commercial and sporting circumstances of his clients and advise them more critically.
Will’s clients include professional footballers, sports agencies, sports brands, artists and decentralised autonomous organisations (DAOs). Will regularly advises international sport and entertainment clients using the Mackrell International network.
Will plays an active role in Mackrell.Solicitors’ relationship with UCFB (University Campus of Football Business) and regularly delivers presentations to their students. Will also works closely with football community charity, Bridge the Gap, facilitating their partnership with Mackrell.Solicitors and providing general sports and commercial advice.
- Solicitor, England and Wales
- Led on preparing and negotiating the key commercial documentation for a new PGAET Challenge Tour golf tournament
- Assisted with drafting and negotiating a high profile clothing deal for a prominent Olympic and now professional boxer with an international sports brand.
- Assisted and advised on eSports talent representation agreements for eSports athletes with a global eSports agency.
- Advised and led negotiations on playing deals (Fortnite) for eSports athletes with one of the top UK eSports teams.
- Drafted and advised on a range of trademark applications for sports brands, luxury goods brands and athletes.
- Assisted on a global brand ambassador agreement with a high-profile Premier League and England player on behalf of a drinks brand.
- Advised and led drafting and negotiations with an international football agency, acting on behalf of a Category One football scholar and subsequently assisting the player with advice on his first professional deal.
- Led on amending and advising on a boxing management deal and promotional deal for a young professional boxer.
- Assisted with drafting a settlement agreement for a premier league and England U23 player with his international football agency.
- Advised a range of commercial brands in sport (including marketing, football agency and sports consulting businesses) on their commercial agreements (sponsorship, scouting, consultancy and general terms and conditions)
- Advised on, amended and prepared representation agreements for a range of football agencies and agents.
- Advised a top female golfer and her agent on a sponsorship deal dispute with an international golf ball manufacturer.
- Assisted with advice to a prominent England test and white ball cricketer in relation to their image right structure.