Alison has more than 25 years’ experience assisting clients with Family and Relationship matters. Her expertise covers matrimonial work, including divorce and the associated financial and children issues; pre and post-nuptial agreements; co-habitation disputes; civil partnership agreements and the breakdown of civil partnerships.
Examples of the types of cases she has worked on include:
- Questions of the validity of marriage;
- Injunctions to prevent domestic violence;
- Removal of children from a jurisdiction;
- Relocation of children in the UK and internationally;
- Division of assets on divorce for high net worth individuals;
- Preparation of, and advising on, pre-and post-nuptial agreements, for same-sex and heterosexual couples;
- Advising on property disputes between unmarried partners;
- Advising either parents or grandparents of their rights under the Children Act 1989;
- Preparation of, and advising on, cohabitation agreements;
- Advising those living overseas on their ability to use English courts for matrimonial and child cases.
Her clients in the UK and overseas include high net worth individuals, foreign nationals, Premier League footballers and members of royal families. This close connection to high net worth individuals has seen her ranked in the prestigious Spear’s 500 guide.
Much of her work is conducted in countries where the primary or only excepted faith is Islam and so Alison has become an expert in Sharia law and its impacts on matrimonial matters.
The Family and Relationship Team have won a number of awards and Alison has been shortlisted for the Women in Law award at the British Legal Awards and International Lawyer of the year at the Family Law Awards.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Solicitor, England and Wales
- Member of Resolution
- The Times – Family lawyers find no fault with divorce reform
- Lexology – Mackrell Turner Garrett wins highly contested multi-jurisdiction divorce dispute
- Ealing Times – Civil partnership ruling affecting Ealing couple called a ‘legislative anomaly’ by leading solicitor
- Acting for the husband on his divorce and financial settlement from his wife and the husband facilitated the purchase of a new mortgage-free home for the wife but she requested a greater share of assets.
- Acting in children matters, representing a wife following the breakdown of the marriage, where the husband is seeking 50/50 custody.
- Acting for on financial matters relating to a divorce and where the other party is acting in person on the divorce itself.
- Settling complex financial settlements via mediation and arbitration.
- Assisting a Slovakian national in regards to a financial application made by his wife following a divorce in England.
- Acting for a husband in Dubai negotiating a financial settlement following his wife launching divorce proceedings in England.
Podcasts and media
- Legalities Surrounding Civil Partnerships & Cohabitation
- Child Arrangement Issues and Domestic Abuse in the current climate – A lawyer’s view
- Webinar: The Unmarried Family – What do you need to know?
- Revisiting financial orders and arrangements in the COVID-19 world
- The blended family webinar
Alison Green – I want to say a big thank you for standing by me through the whole separation process from my husband. I was recommended by a friend to contact Alison, I was told she had been very helpful in my friend’s divorce. I was given Alison’s phone number and phoned there and then. I could not believe that I was put through to Alison straight away, she was available and able to answer my questions on the spot. That was so important to me, I felt supported. Throughout the whole process that availability, has been the most valuable aspect of my dealings with her. Even if Alison herself has not been there, one of her team has always come back to me the same day with relevant information. I would recommend Mackrell Solicitors to give professional information with a human touch. Although a city solicitor with London charges, they gave me value for money. Thank you!