Joanna works with clients, amongst others, from the finance, technology, arts and culture, marketing, charity and food and drink sectors.
She has advised both employees and employers on issues such as unfair dismissal, breach of contract, redundancy, disciplinary and grievance procedures, TUPE and discrimination amongst others.
She also has extensive experience advising individuals, including directors, on terms and effect of Settlement Agreements and negotiating more beneficial terms. As well as handling contentious matters, Joanna has also advised on non-contentious matters, such as drafting and auditing employment contracts and handbooks for charity clients and small and medium-sized businesses, also offering HR support.
She believes the emotional aspects of a case are just as important as the technical and commercial knowledge and so works hard to support her clients by delivering a compassionate service.
Outside of work she volunteers at the Mary Ward Legal Centre and finds this work challenging but rewarding.
Joanna is fluent in Spanish, conversational in French and has a limited understanding of Greek. She is a proud and active member of the Employment Lawyers Association.
- Solicitor, England and Wales
- Acting for a sportsperson in a dispute over a contract regarding ongoing work at a rugby club, including advice on a settlement agreement.
- Advising a hospitality company on collective consultation and redundancy, including advice of discrimination.
- Assisting clients with complex queries regarding furlough and employee rights.
- Advising an American company on redundancy and consultation for its UK employees.
- Providing employment support during corporate transactions across several industries, including software, vehicle industries, food and drink, and across several differing jurisdictions.
- Advising individuals on their employment documents, negotiating commercial terms to advising on settlement agreements during acquisitions and mergers worth up to £6 million. This has ensured that sellers’ future employment is protected and also that the buyer is emerging from the transaction risk-free.
- Assisting both buyers and sellers on their TUPE obligations during large transactions.