Mackrell.Solicitors’ property litigation team consists of highly qualified and experienced solicitors. It is led by supervising Partner and several Head of Property Litigation, Tony Kent.
Tony has more than 36 years’ experience in litigation, having worked primarily in complex property disputes for the last 30 years.
He has considerable knowledge of landmark changes to the sector, including the Housing Act 1988 and the substantial changes to leasehold enfranchisement and extension.
The team has worked on a variety of high-profile assignments, including cases involving surveyors as ‘owners’ under environmental protection notices, sales by councils at less than full value, assured tenancies, and difficult rent increases.
Our team takes a very ‘hands-on’ approach and will handle issues from serving initial letters through to acting for our clients in court.
Our services include
- Handling disputes and litigation matters relating to land or property
- Acting for landlords and tenants in all real estate-related disputes
- Rent recovery and arrears
- Residential Possession proceedings
- Service charge recovery
- Commercial Possession proceedings
- Break notices
- Dilapidation and disrepair claims and counterclaims
- Boundary and right of way disputes
- Easement issues
- Land registration disputes
- Restrictive covenants
- Landlord’s consent issues
- Lease renewals, enfranchisements and extensions
- Rights to light and party wall issues
- Rights of way and other easement disputes
- Succession and abandonment claims
- Tree roots claims
- Water infrastructure charges
- Professional Negligence claims