Alison has more than 25 years’ experience assisting clients with Family and Relationship matters. Her expertise covers matrimonial work, including divorce and the associated financial and children issues; pre and post-nuptial agreements; co-habitation disputes; civil partnership agreements and the breakdown of civil partnerships.
Examples of the types of cases she has worked on include:
- Questions of the validity of marriage;
- Injunctions to prevent domestic violence;
- Removal of children from a jurisdiction;
- Relocation of children in the UK and internationally;
- Division of assets on divorce for high net worth individuals;
- Preparation of, and advising on, pre-and post-nuptial agreements, for same-sex and heterosexual couples;
- Advising on property disputes between unmarried partners;
- Advising either parents or grandparents of their rights under the Children Act 1989;
- Preparation of, and advising on, cohabitation agreements;
- Advising those living overseas on their ability to use English courts for matrimonial and child cases.
Her clients in the UK and overseas include high net worth individuals, foreign nationals, Premier League footballers and members of royal families. This close connection to high net worth individuals has seen her ranked in the prestigious Spear’s 500 guide.
Much of her work is conducted in countries where the primary or only excepted faith is Islam and so Alison has become an expert in Sharia law and its impacts on matrimonial matters.
The Family and Relationship Team have won a number of awards and Alison has been shortlisted for the Women in Law award at the British Legal Awards and International Lawyer of the year at the Family Law Awards.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Solicitor, England and Wales
- Member of Resolution
- Acting for the husband on his divorce and financial settlement from his wife and the husband facilitated the purchase of a new mortgage-free home for the wife but she requested a greater share of assets.
- Acting in children matters, representing a wife following the breakdown of the marriage, where the husband is seeking 50/50 custody.
- Acting for on financial matters relating to a divorce and where the other party is acting in person on the divorce itself.
- Settling complex financial settlements via mediation and arbitration.
- Assisting a Slovakian national in regards to a financial application made by his wife following a divorce in England.
- Acting for a husband in Dubai negotiating a financial settlement following his wife launching divorce proceedings in England.
International Bar Association
Podcasts and media